59 sessions (118 hours plus studio-based projects)
Duration: 7 ½ months, part-time
Timings: 2-hour sessions twice a week
Class size: 6 to 7 students
A DJ may well be the perfect musician of the 21st century, combining a mastery of mixing and track selection to set the tone and vibe of the dance floor. However, the most acclaimed DJs of our time are no longer limited by a dance floor—their productions reach listeners across the world, bringing them a level of recognition that was previously unimaginable. They are the DJ-Producers, and you’ve heard their music before ever getting to see them play. Their productions play an essential role by serving as their calling card around the world.
For those DJs who have their sights set on global success, our cutting-edge DJ-Producer program is designed to accelerate your growth in the music industry by combining the insights of our Pro-DJ and EMP courses. Students will learn to master the requirements of the dance floor as well as to produce their own tracks.
DJ-Producer Course Curriculum
Introduction to Turntables
– Catching a beat on Turntables
– Introduction to CD Players
– Music Genres, Moods, track selection based on location, time and setting.
– Stabs, Chops, Vinyl Effects on CD players
– Marketing & Presentation
– Event Management
– Critical Listening, Science of Sound, Setting up a DJ Console, Wiring, Understanding speakers.
– Connecting a Mic & Mic Etiquette
– Sampling & Looping
– Music Theory
– Mixing in Key, transitioning through different Genres, playing back to back with other DJsUsing a Laptop and Sound Card for mixing with software. Introduction to MIDI, Traktor and controllers.
Electronic Music Production.
Ableton Live Module 1:
– Fundamentals of Sound
– Analog Mixer Basics & Digital Conversion
– Ableton Live Properties & Arrangement View
– Editing & Working with Loops & Samples in Arrangement View
– Session View
– Warping & Automation
– Dynamic Processing
– Ableton FX
– Introduction to MIDI, Musical Notes & Ableton Devices
– Music Theory
– Subtractive Synthesis | Analog
– Sampling on Simpler
– Impulse & Drum Rack
Ableton Live Module 2:
– FM Synthesis | Operator
– Advanced Sampling
– Racks & Macro Controls
– NI Massive
– Sylenth1 by LennarDigital
– Advanced Mixing
– Mixing Tips & Tricks
Synthesisers and Samplers
– Analog, Operator, Sylenth1, Massive
– Simpler, Sampler
– Impulse, Drum Rack
Apply | DJ-Producer Fee structure
Interested in furthering your skills with a MASTER’S apply for a “Post-I Love Music program” with our international training partners:
Speak with your administrative representative for details.